Monday, September 26, 2005

Smile101

Noone smiles in New York City. At least this surely holds true on the subways. I am a person that tends to smile, quite frequently..I usually can't even help it..let's just say I am always the first person to lose that game where you have to try and make the other person laugh. Right. I'm a easy victory. But really..even I have to force a poker face on the subways. I try sometimes to look directly at people and see if maybe..if I smile at them first, this will cause a similar reaction? Ah..but no..NYC sucks all the smiles away. Children still smile on the subways..this is reassuring. I mean..would it really be a crime to grin slightly??Is this so offensive? I think not. Yet another reason why I adore this city of kindness and love so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home